Clams with Dried Calabrese Sausage
The combination of fresh clams sauteed with a spicy dried italian sausage will be come an instant classic for your future meals
- 24 Top Neck Clams
- ⅓ Cup Chopped Scallions
- 4 cloves Garlic – Minced
- ½ Cup Fresh clam juice
- ¾ Cup Dry white wine
- ½ Cup Rotel Tomatoes
- 4 ounces Calabrese sausage – chopped
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley – chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Add the scallions and sautee until soft, then add the garlic, chopped calabrese sausage and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the clam juice, wine, and tomato sauce and cook until reduced to about 3 cups.
- Add the clams, cover and sautee until clams have opened. Occasionally shake skillet to help open the clams.
- Add the fresh parsley, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Gently shake the pot to combine
- Serve over angel hair or linguini with a fresh loaf of italian bread.