Jalapeno Boats with Clams Casino Stuffing
a spicy version of a traditional clams casino recipe
- 12 Large Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 Chowder Clams
- 16 ounces Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
- 16 ounces Hickory Smoked Bacon
- ½ Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- Cut Jalapenos in half and remove seeds and stem
- Open raw clams. Separate clams from the juice. Juice can be discarded or used for another recipe
- Partially cook bacon; remove excess grease and cut into smaller pieces
- Place clams and bacon in a food processor and chop to a chunky puree.
- Blend clams and bacon in a mixing bowl with the shredded cheese. Add Italian bread crumbs as needed to thicken the stuffing to a crab cake type consistency.
- Stuff jalapeno boats with the mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 15 minutes or until the stuffing begins to brown on top.